Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Inspirations in Fashion

So as this first post I want to discuss fashion inspirations. Have you ever stopped to think where does fashion come from, who begins it, and why people follow it? The answers to this question will differ but for my self I say it starts in the streets. I don't think that runway is always the best choice to look to for inspiration. Afterall, there are some clothing on the runway that you see and you wonder who would ever buy that? Clothing like this:
Now even though this dress is not exactly my style I can see the point that the designer is trying to get accross. The theme of this model's attire is color block which happens to be one of my favorite aspects of fashion. But not everyone can see that right away and for those people that want to be fashionable but do not know how to achieve it then nothing is beter than street fashion. Fashion is made for the people by the people. We do not need designers telling us what to wear or how to wear it(even though its helpful;). Fashion is an art and it is thought through by the artist. Did anyone ever tell Picasso how to draw..... NO. So nobody should be told how to express themselves through fashion. I like to dabble in many different trends and genres of fashion and here is how I express myself:

As you can see you can have more than 1 kind of style.  You can be preppy, bohemic, and swagtastic all at once. And that's the beauty of  Fashion!!!!Feel free to comment on what youy think of the outfits I created I would luv it good or bad it can only make me get better. Thanx in Advance!!!
-<3 Fashion on the Move<3

No comments:

Post a Comment